There are resources available in Central Pennsylvania to help our community adapt to the social and economic changes due to the impact of COVID-19. Follow the links to find the specific contact person for the program you are interested in. If you have resources to share, please send them to hello@AdvanceCentralPA.org.
PA CareerLink® Job Seeker Services
Staff at the Central PA CareerLink® are still on the job, ready to remotely assist you with your job search, training, and workforce needs. If you’ve been working with a specific staff member, you may email them directly or get assistance by contacting your local PA CareerLink® office.
- COMPASS – Apply for Health and Human Service Programs and Manage Benefit Information
- FINRA Investor Alert on Job Dislocation – Making Smart Financial Choices after a Job Loss
- Marketplace Healthcare Coverage
- Medication Assistance
- Facts for People with Substance Use Disorders (SUD)
- Check out the Advance Central PA Community Resources for more Support Opportunities
- Low-Cost Internet Service from Comcast
- Low Cost/Free Internet Service
- Wi-Fi Available in Local Business/Organization Parking Lots
Unemployment and Workers’ Compensation
According to the PA Department of Labor & Industry, you may be eligible for Unemployment Compensation (UC) if:
- Your employer temporarily or permanently closed
- Your hours are reduced
- You’ve been told not to work to help mitigate COVID-19
- You’ve been told to quarantine or self-isolate
For regular Unemployment Compensation (UC) questions:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name as it appears on your claim, last 4 digits of your social security #, email address, phone # and a brief explanation of the problem.
- Call (888) 313-7284 Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. We recommend that you call on the lightest days of the week – Thursdays or Fridays.
- LiveChat (call (888) 313-7284 for a secure 6-digit code) Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
For Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) questions:
- Email email@example.com. Please include your full name as it appears on your claim, last 4 digits of your social security #, email address, phone # and a brief explanation of the problem.
- Call (855) 284-8545 Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Click below to learn more about Workers Compensation and UC programs.
- Updates on PUA and PEUC Programs
- Guidance & Resources from the PA Office of Unemployment Compensation (UC)
- Video on How to File for Unemployment Benefits
- Employee UC Benefits and COVID-19 FAQs
- Employer UC and COVID-19 FAQs
- Workers’ Compensation and COVID-19 FAQs
- UC Letter to Employers
- Self-Employed, Contractors, and Gig Workers Filing for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
- Information for Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)
PA CareerLink® Business Solutions
As always, the PA CareerLink® staff is available to assist you with job posting, recruitment, and other employment services. If you have immediate workforce needs, contact our team at BusinessSolutions@CentralPACL.org or if you have a staff contact, you may email them directly.
- COVID-19 Safety Procedures for Businesses Flyer
- Paycheck Protection Program from the SBA
- Catalyst Connection Back-to-Work Playbook
- Apply for Disaster Assistance from the SBA
- PA Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) Disruption Recovery
- Small Business FAQ and Resources
- Webinar Training Opportunities from the SBDC
- Shared-Work Program, an Innovative Alternative to Employee Layoffs
- Pennsylvania Industrial Development Assistance (PIDA) Loans
- PA Department of Community & Economic Development Resources
- PA Governor Guidance for Business